COVID-19 NOTICE Update:
In light of the current COVID-19 pandemic; in keeping with our priority to maintain the absolute safety of our staff, patients and parents; and, with recommendations from our regulatory body (Royal College Of Dental Surgeons of Ontario), we at ANCASTER ORTHODONTICS have decided to postpone all non-essential office visits. As such, all previously scheduled appointments are hereby cancelled until further notice.
We will be checking and responding to emails and voicemails daily during our closure and if you would like to set up a virtual care appointment with Dr. Sander to discuss your treatment progress, please let us know.
The announcement by the RCDSO to immediately stop all non-essential and elective dental procedures was made on March 15, 2020, with the ultimate goal to slow down the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Though this an inconvenience for all involved, delaying orthodontic visits for a few weeks is unlikely to cause any significant harm, as long as you are brushing your teeth regularly, keeping ideal oral hygiene standards and following the instructions which are summarized below. These instructions are for those under active treatment using fixed braces, removable braces, Invisalign, retainers, or in interceptive treatment with an expander. Please follow these instructions to help minimize any potential problems:
- Maintain excellent oral hygiene, including brushing after meals and flossing daily
- Consider purchasing a fluoride rinse from your local pharmacy
- Avoid excessive consumption of sweetened beverages or foods (candies)
- For patients in fixed braces, avoid hard foods
- If you have an expander or other device that requires you to activate it- STOP turning the expander or appliance until we resume normally scheduled visits
- If you are in fixed braces or Invisalign and are you require more elastics, please contact us by email and we can arrange a safe pickup. If you have your elastics already, you can MOVE TO WEARING ELASTICS ONLY AT NIGHT-TIME until we resume normally scheduled visits
- Follow the instruction already provided at your last visit, such as the pattern of wear of elastics (though moving to night-time only)
- For those who have finished their treatment and are wearing retainers, follow the instructions that were provided at your last visit regarding the wear-time of your retainers
- If your bonded retainers break or become loose and you are less than 6 months out of treatment WEAR YOUR REMOVABLE RETAINER FULL TIME. If you are more than 6 months out of braces, make sure you are wearing your retainer EVERY NIGHT until we resume normally scheduled visits and we can repair the break.
- Consider changing your aligners every 2 or 3 weeks and then wear the last aligner you have at night to maintain the current tooth position until your next appointment at our office. Alternatively, if you require additional aligners, please contact our office by email.
If you have an emergency that requires our attention, it would be ideal to send us an email email@example.com along with a picture. Hold your lips apart with spoons and ask someone to take a picture of the affected area. For some emergencies, we may arrange a video call to identify the problem(s) and advise you accordingly. In the meantime, the advice is to avoid or minimize emergency visits until the virus spread slows down.
We certainly understand that this closure may delay your treatment. However, we want you to rest assured that we will do our utmost to complete your treatment as expeditiously as possible, as soon as we are able to resume normal operations.
If you require a pause on your monthly payments or any adjustments to your financial contract, kindly let us know and we would be happy to accommodate you.
Ultimately, in the face of this global pandemic, it is each and everyone’s responsibility to help stop the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter.
Your Ancaster Orthodontics team